Monday, November 19, 2007

Kinky Cigars


Ersatz politician and country singer Kinky Friedman has released his own line of cigars. This one pictured in my hand is called The Texas Jewboy. I find that very funny. On Saturday, the tobacconist at OK! Cigars on West Broadway in Soho told me that Oliva Cigars makes them, so they probably aren't half bad. Oliva also makes the acclaimed "Master Blend" series, which I highly recommend. Oliva cigars are made mostly from Honduran tobacco. I haven't smoked it yet. Here is a link to Kinky's cigar site.
See, for those that don't know, Kinky is a rare breed. He has a band called Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys. He is a very outspoken and funny guy, if not a bit campy and eccentric. In 2006, Kinky ran for Governor of Texas. A few people even started to take him seriously, even as he went on the campaign trail doing interviews while chomping a stogie and making jewish jokes that he can make. You know, because he's Jewish... "I'm going to be the first Jewish Governor of Texas, and when elected I'm going to reduce the speed limit to $54.95". I will have my own cigars one day too, Kinky.

No comments: