Thursday, July 02, 2009

DJ Houseshoes on Shade45


Tomorrow night at 6 p,m. EST on SiriusXM's Shade45 check out a special holiday mix of classic Detroit hip-hop, new and old, from the famous (infamous?) DJ Houseshoes. This isn't your average mix- we are talking deep crate digging from the late '80's to present, strictly Detroit status.
Shoes and I go wayyy back to the St. Andrew's 3 Floors of Fun days in Detroit in the mid 90's and beyond. He was close with J. Dilla and carries the torch for Detroit hip-hop as a DJ worldwide. Above is a photo with myself from '07 when Shoes was on the Dilla Changed My Life tour in Berlin. Cop his "King James Version" on iTunes... and if you dare, follow him @houseshoes on Twitter.
I'll post the audio sometime this weekend I hope. You hope.

1 comment:

Dani Gantt said...

please tell me that is your brother or something.

if not, yall need to start asking yall's parents some questions.